Last modified: 16 Oct 2020
The below Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply between you, the User of our apps, services, features, software, or website (“you”), and us, Tree House Technologies Ltd. t/a Droplet, a company registered in Cambridge, UK with Companies House number 10089072 (“us” / “we” / “our”). In order to provide our Services (as defined below) we need your agreement to our Terms. You agree to our Terms by registering, installing, accessing, or using our apps, services, features, software, or website.
We are trying to keep this simple, and if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the in-app chat support if you’re using the app already.
Privacy & Security
01. We comply with industry best practise including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the UK Data Protection Act (2008), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), as well as compliance with the security requirements of the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
03. You are responsible for the security of and access to your mobile device and your mobile number that you registered with us to use our Services.
04. You agree to not share any sensitive information of, by or about any other people using our Services.
05. You are at least 16 years of age. If you are below the age of 16, then you are using this service in agreement with your legal guardian.
06. We offer adults such as teachers or parents the ability to connect with other Droplet users in a guardian role where the guardian assumes control over the connected account for some services, including interaction with other users of our Services. We refer to this role as “Guardian”. As a Guardian, you assume responsibility of the data privacy and security settings you have control over within our app, website, feature, software or services, and the consequences of the settings you enforce for the connected account.
07. You will never solicit to be the Guardian of a minor (below the age of 18) without prior consent of at least one legal guardian of that child.
08. You agree to never share any information regarding underaged users of our Services with other people apart from their registered Guardian where relevant.
09. You agree to report any suspicious behaviour you observe with, towards or regarding underaged users of our Services immediately to the respective Guardian(s) and/or responsible contact designated in your group, club or entity.
10. If you are using our Services to add, manage or cancel another entity such as a sports club, public event or group of people then we refer to you also as “Club Administrator”.
11. As Club Administrator, you are responsible for the consent and identity of all users you are adding to this Service within your entity before adding them to this entity.
12. As Club Administrator, you agree to take reasonable steps to prevent content inappropriate to your entity or members including, where relevant, clearly articulating acceptable behaviour for creating, promoting and sharing content.
13. You agree to adhere to Club Administrator policies on creating, promoting and sharing content within the entity you share.
14. You agree to use Droplet only for the purpose it is intended for including the appropriate use to create, promote and share content.
15. You agree to respect other users by not sharing content that may be reasonably perceived as mentally, physically, ideologically or digitally particularly hurtful, harmful, hateful, or discriminatory towards other people regardless of their relationship with us as a user or non-user of our Services.
16. You agree to not knowingly create, promote or share content that infringes on any right of other people, groups or legal entities.
17. You understand that we are not managing third party technologies and access to those that may be distributed via our Services, and that we will not be accountable for any harm they may cause. In particular, you understand that you are responsible yourself for any hyperlinks you follow or attachments you open via our Services.
18. We provide Services to aid incident management, communication and identification of personal emergency contacts.
19. You agree to not exclusively rely on us for emergency situations. Please follow national guidelines on how to handle emergency situations and incidents. In case of an emergency that requires urgent specialist attention, always call for emergency services first.
20. We act as a technical service vendor to you for your payments if you choose to use our payment services. Those payments are then acquired by another licenced entity registered with and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other national equivalents in other countries (the “acquirer”). You are liable for payments to that acquirer and we may act as your technical liaison.
21. You agree that we may execute payments and payment requests on your behalf, and manage your payments on your behalf where you have asked us to do so, including issuing of payment requests and invoices to your club members for payment events you request payment for via Droplet.
22. We confirm that we and our partners comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the European Union’s second Payment Service Directive (PSD2). You comply with your responsibilities under PCI DSS as well, most notably protecting card payment details and never recording a card’s security code in writing or otherwise.
23. You confirm that you will only initiate payment requests and make payments for payments you are authorised to do. And that you will not abuse our payment Services for personal gain, fraud or any other intentions other than those agreed on.
24. We are voluntarily registered with the UK’s HMRC Anti Money Laundering Supervision (AMLS) to help stop criminals using our Services to launder criminal money or finance terrorist acts. Although we are not the acquirer of your payments, we will follow their guidelines and will report any suspicious behaviour to the respective body of the HMRC at our own discretion.
25. You agree to process payment refund requests of your members swiftly and to clearly communicate progress and decision making.
26. We own all intellectual property of our Services including names, logos, analytics, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property even if not explicitly labelled as protected.
27. You own the content you create with our Services but not content other users created.
Cancellation & Refunds
28. As a user of our Services, you can cancel this agreement any time by logging out of all accounts and removing all software applications where possible.
29. As a Club Admin, you may have subscribed to an annual payment plan where 100% of all funds where taken upfront following an initial free trial period in your first year. You may ask for a full refund of your annual fees within the free trial period of your first year, and within 14 days of each subsequent annual renewal date. You may also ask and receive a 50% refund within the first 6 months of your renewal date. All cancellations must be submitted by the main contact of the entity the Club Admin is administrating.
30. All Terms are governed by English law and you agree any disputes to be litigated in London, UK.
These Terms were first created and published on 16 October 2020 by Tree House Technologies Ltd. t/a Droplet.
Tree House Technologies Ltd. t/a Droplet
The Droplet Team
47 – 51 Norfolk Street